Sunday, December 09, 2007

My roomate covets my JLo

My roommate claims I'm making her fat because I love to bake - and well I do, but see here's the deal - it works the same way on me too we just gain it in different areas - for me it's the JLo she covets - and most days I would be happy to give it to her. That being said that is why I love biscotti - they give you the sweet and crunchy with your coffee but finishing off a handful of them just doesn't normally happen. Even better yet this new recipe from the Vegan Visitor is lowish in fat. I say lowish because I added Green and Black's Mayan Chocolate to the recipe - just 1/2 a bar...

Now I did alter the recipe slightly - aside from adding the chocolate I used tangerine peels for the candying - but I would suggest if you can't find Clementines to go for a meatier flesh of an orange - like an tangelo or something similar because the tangerine peels became hard from basically being no existent after the pith was removed - and yes be patient and remove the pith. The other word of caution - the chestnuts - score them well - really well, or else you'll end up with exploding chestnuts and guts all over the inside of your oven.

3 comments:

LeahA said...

JLO me up!

Anonymous said...

http://kenziekate.blogspot.com/2007/11/delicate-cupcake-wrappers.html

Anonymous said...

http://kenziekate.blogspot.com/2007/11/delicate-cupcake-wrappers.html