Saturday, May 07, 2011

Week of Food

This is just a picture blog - to give you an idea of what I have in a week:


Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas from Gluten Free Goddess. I liked the recipe - I would only use one sweet potato in the future and add a breast of chopped chicken, I found that the sweet potato was too overpowering. They're a great budget saver - just not quite amazing, yet.


Those potato gnocchi with just jarred sauce and Italian sausage (I roasted out of the casing in the oven - as I will confess I am not a patient person when it comes to anything being fried - if I can do it in the oven I am a much happier person - and it also frees me up to do something else.) This same sort of meal can go over purchased polenta which is fried or just boxed pasta.


This was an easy day meal - the falafels are from Whole Foods which offers a GF version in their ready made food area - I purchased enough for 3 meals. There is quinoa which I made in the rice cooker - again no effort. The yogurt is goat with lots fresh mint and lemon zest. The salad is cucumber, mint, red onion, lemon juice and zest and Italian parsley. I use this base for all of my "North African" type meals - you can add it to millet or quinoa to make a version of tabbouleh. Or change up the ingredients for a meal more northern - say Greek.

No comments: