Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Snack Time!


I noticed that Annie Chuns has come out with Wasabi Seaweed Snacks recently.  They are according to the package, low fat, dairy free, vegan and gluten free.  I normally have a raving sweet tooth at work, but I know that is a demon you do not even give a little bit of sweet to because it all goes south in a big o'l hurry.  So on to these snacks.

The package says they are spicy. I use that term differently than others might.  In my books as a regular wasabi and hot sauce kind of girl I would say they're medium.  There is a little wasabi kick but there is no flaming tongue/eye watering after burn. They're alittle soft - they become chewy pretty quickly.  Though that being said I think with some sticky brown rice and a little seafood you could have a great lunch or filling snack.

So as a whole given that they are low in calories and have nutritional value along with a little saltiness I will be keeping them on hand.  Are they something I could consume in one sitting like the Whole Foods puffed vegetable chips.  No and that is actually a good thing I'm sure.

Rating: B+

Photo via: http://www.chipsandpiece.com/

No comments: