Friday, August 24, 2007

Ask and ye shall receive...

My father ate 1/2 the cinnamon buns between me going to bed, him coming home and the morning - I awoke to my mom telling him to drop the buns - they were mine. Well he proceed to mumble about how there's been all this baking this week and nothing for him. Forgot the pies apparently. So using the crescent rolls he bought me instead of the pizza dough I asked for these were born. Super simple, but not diet friendly - oh, no sorry - these are as lethal as their mass produced counterparts - sorry. Recipe courtesy of Real Simple magazine

1 tube of crescent rolls - smaller size keeps the portions smaller, but I used the large ones
1/2 tub cream cheese
1/2 - 3/4 cup jam
zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon.

Unroll the crescents and divide them in 1/2 by making two triangles - then resection them into a square - use a rolling pin if necessary.

Combine softened cream cheee, lemon juice and zest - spoon into the middle of the square and top with an equal dolop of jam. Bring the corners in. Bake at 350 until golden. Drizzle with a simple glaze of soy milk, icing sugar and vanilla.

No comments: