Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cookies and coffee

My mother still claims the only way to a man's heart is through his stomach - I'm not so sure since all my non-cooker friends are getting married and I'm still desperately putting out - baked goods that is. These are going to be added to the repertoire but as we seem to eat all of them before they can get out of the house I don't know if I'll be making any new man fat with these just yet much to my mother's vocal dismay. Note these are about the simplest cookies you will ever see so make them - try it out.

Oh, I also promise a better picture when I don't have to salvage the last one right before consumption for a photo op...

Recipe courtesy of the PPK (www.theppk.com)

1/3 cup soy milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
zest 1 orange - optional - omit depending on filling flavor
2 cups flour
2 T cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together - either by hand or mixer - roll out - or if ghetto poor like me - roll into a log, wrap in saran wrap and chill - then cut into thin rounds - not as glamorous as rolling them out and using cutters - but whatever.

Bake at 350 until just slightly golden about 10 minutes

Filling - chocolate of course, a little soy creamer - and flavoring. I've made the filing with dark chocolate and mint, dark chocolate and instant coffee (mocha) and this last batch is using the Mayan Gold flavor from Green and Black's (HINT - buy for me!) - it's orange and chocolate - so this would be the favor to do the orange zest with in the dough - the other's not so much

No comments: