Thursday, October 18, 2007

Squashed

I bought an acorn squash two weeks ago (?) - before the long weekend, and in the furry of life since that time I haven't figured out what to do with it - but since midterms finished Tuesday night and I cleaned the house top to bottom on Wednesday in an attempt to gain some control - I was faced with the squash again... so here's what became of it - sorry no picture - I have to find a way to take a decent picture with the lighting I have.

Serves 2

1 small acorn squash - peeled, cored and cubed
1 large granny smith apple - cubed - slightly larger than the squash
1/2 onion - chopped
brown sugar to taste
canola oil
Indian spice - I used Nomu's - available at Whole Foods

Season to taste, drizzle with a little oil and roast at 400 until soft and caramelized. Serve over whole wheat couscous.

No comments: