Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time for a Massive Update - Sans photos

I am aware that photos are the reasons that food blogs are successful - and I plan on indulging that need in time but at the moment I think I need to just let y'all know what good GF foods are floating around the interwebs.

I will first admit that I love GOOP, I find Gwyneth though a might bit pretentious, she is genuinely interested in feeding herself well and trying to share that with the general public.

This recipe is from her newsletter - I halved the recipe and it was the right amount for me. I have noted my other suggestions in colour next to the recipe from her newsletter

YIELD: 3 dozen cookies

1 cup coconut oil 3/4cup canola oil, I used it because the only coconut oil I have I use on my skin - the recipe was really oily when I used 1/2 cup for the 1/2 recipe and it was far too oily, like swimming in it, you might even want to reduce it more.
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour use whatever AP mix you have
1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup chocolate chips used 3/4 cup of mini enjoy life brand chocolate chips when I halved the recipe - it was the right amount of sweet.

Preheat oven to 325°F (350F is fine). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, applesauce, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax meal, baking soda and xanthan gum. Using a rubber spatula, carefully push the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and combine until dough is formed. With the same spatula, gently fold in the chocolate chips just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.

Using a melon-baller (I use the scoop from my coconut flour - which is 1T), measure out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheets. Space the portions 1-inch apart (the don't really spread that much). Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread. Bake the cookies on the center rack for 14 minutes, (10 minutes) rotating the trays 180 degrees after 9 minutes. The cookies will be crispy on the edges and soft in the center. Remove from the oven.

No comments: