Friday, September 21, 2007

Excited beyond belief...

First and foremost - the Alicia Silverstone ad - here it is since I know my non-vegan readers are not going to stop by PETA's website anytime soon. I think it's fabulous, now I just need to find a way to hire her chef...


Alicia Silverstone’s Sexy Veggie PSA
Order a FREE vegetarian starter kit at GoVeg.com

Secondly, Veganomicon is going to be released in November - that's Isa and Terry's new cookbook and I just about had a heart attack - considering the awesomeness of VWAV, I can only imagine the wonders that will come out of my kitchen

Third, Don't Eat the Sidewalk is done - and I will be ordering my copy.

Stay tuned lots of procrastination baking/making yet to come like my Chick'n Cutlets I'm going to try tonight... by making seitan from scratch... going to have pizza for dinner though. Why my own, well I stumbled on a fellow vegan's blog showing her recipe testing and because I've been CRAVING red cabbage and squash - it's the perfect combo.

2 comments:

stitchpixie said...

it's a little disturbing, the video. like....almost like it's akin to a proactive commercial with a different blonde bimbo but....serious in its own context....perhaps like it should be advertising a new razor.

GF Girl said...

haha, I guess. PETA's purpose is in that sense like every other advertiser - sell a product. There belief and it is well founded that if American's want her body - which everyone wants to be skinny apparently - here is the best way to do it - for your body - veganism has shown to significantly reduce the need for Diabetes medications in Type 2 diabetics, aid in the management of allergies, ADHA etc - and yes you'll lose weight when you replace McDonalds or whatever prepackaged food you eat, or even pasta and hamburger helper with dishes of whole grains, legumes, fruits and veggies.