Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chickpea Tacos

If Vegan Dad wasn't well Vegan Dad - if he was Single Vegan Male, then I would be stalking him begging for his vegan insight - what is it that lets him create food that makes me go - mmmmmmm..... Tonight it was his chickpea tostado's which I made into tacos and I modified slightly, as I have this love/hate relationship with my frying pan - namely cleaning - and putting something in the oven while I prepare the rest - and knowing that clean up is just throwing away the parchment well that's how I prefer to cook on my work nights. In addition I have to say this taste a million times better than the ones I used to make with the Yves Ground - once again I have to say that's because faux meat kind of grosses me out, that and it's so salty.

Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced - chopped about the same size as the chickpeas
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
juice of 1 lime

Combine and pour out onto a parchment lined pan and bake at 425 for about 20minutes, just long enough to prepare the rest of the meal.

1 comment:

Vegan Dad said...

I have a quasi stalker! My work here is done.