Monday, May 10, 2010

GREEN!


My Acupuncturist/TCM doctor believes that my diet stinks. She might possibly be right. Sooooo.... what to do about that. We start making changes - start being a heck of a lot more deliberate in my planning - gone are the days of saying meh, I'll figure it out when I get home -it's simple - meat (protein), starch (rice/millet) and vegetable (usually green beans or tomato salad). I am a thrilling and exciting person you see.

Changes that are being stressed for me are:

1. Ditch the red and "other white" meat
2. Bump up my dietary iron intake (yes I did note number 1 and then this)
3. Eat KALE, lots and lots of KALE, basically because it's suppose to be a wonder food - that will make me even happier than Popeye with all his spinach.
4. More beans
5. More vitamins/supplements - So currently I am taking a multi w/iron, Vitamin D, Oil of Primrose, Probiotics (capsule form), B12/Folic Acid and Spirulina... if you make me take one more freaking supplement I might hurl.

So what does that all look like?

Breakfast - Waffles - sorry TCM Dr. but I have a freezer full of GF waffles and I LOVE coffee - they go together beautifully.

Snack = Smoothie:
1/2 -2/3c. Almond milk (unsweetened, organic, vanilla flavoured)
1/3 c. Extreme Green (Happy Planet)
1/2 frozen banana
1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
2-3 tsp Vanilla Vega Sport Protein powder
2 cups chopped kale
1 tsp Hawaiian Spirulina powder - given that it's an algae the water it's grown in is important

Blend, blend and blend some more - if you have a juicer you can juice the kale.

Lunch:
Cuban black beans
Oven "fried" Plantains
Tomato and Avocado salad
Orange

Afternoon snack:
Goat milk yogurt w/honey
Granola
Strawberries

Dinner: ?
Yes, the wheels are off the wagon. I have beans and the makings for lunch again but I think I will save those for tomorrow. We're going with pork (I know breaking the rules already) and carrot and mint salad with green lentils - I think... or fish instead...

No comments: