Saturday, June 12, 2010

Breakfast!

I love breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day to me. However I leave home at 6:55 am (at the latest), normally I can't think of food let alone decide what to wear at that hour. Because of those issues I make my weekly breakfast on Saturday. The first picture is of a sample breakfast in action - frozen strawberries, raw macadamia nuts and vegan pancakes. I nuke the frozen pancakes and berries at the same time - then as I chop the nuts, fruit and get the Tupperware out I have the pancakes in the toaster. Chop them all up, throw in the Tupperware and with one pass over with agave I am out the door.

Now when I have time to plan, or happen to be trying to get in some Saturday morning TV watching I make waffles - below are a GF modification of Isa's Peanut Butter Waffles. You can Google for the recipe as I don't have privileges to write it out. However I will note that I used agave instead of maple syrup, vanilla unsweetened almond milk (1 to 1 1/2 cups more than the initial recipe), smooth peanut butter instead. Also note that I added flax seeds and let the recipe sit overnight in the fridge, I find that just helps reduce the sometimes gritty feeling of my GF flour mix. I in the end LOVE the recipe - next time I will use cinnamon instead of the nutmeg and add mashed banana to the mix.

Bottom line is Isa Chandra Moskowitz knows how to write a good recipe.

No comments: